Wednesday, March 2, 2011

<> The Sack Lunch <>









I was driving home yesterday and started thinking about sack lunches for some odd reason. Not sure why but it took me back to when I was a child. I can remember going on a class field trip in the 5th or 6th grade & everyone had to bring a sack lunch. That was always fun for me because I never got to take my lunch to school.




I can remember that sack lunches always had an "Aroma" to them that made them smell like they would taste sooo good. Seemed that they never did taste a good as they smelled like they would. I don't know if the brown paper sack was what made them smell so heavenly or what it was but something sure made a difference.


They were always good & fun and a change from the school lunches.


Back in the day we didn't have plastic wrap or the zip lock baggie.
We used waxed paper to wrap our sandwich in ... which might be why the aroma was escaping out ???
Sure wish I had invented the plastic wrap / zip lock bags ... I would me wealthy by now! LOL!

One of the things I remember about the class field trip was that this One Students Lunch smelled especially good. Her Grandmother had prepared hers for her & it had Home Fried Chicken in it! While mine was probably Bologna , boiled egg, chips, banana & a snack cake of some kind.


Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a ~ Good Bologna Sandwich ~ while out on a picnic! I still sometimes while on a road trip will stop & pick up some Bologna, Bread, Mayo, (the salad dressing kind) Chips, Fruit & a Coke. You just can't beat it!!! :)


Makes me want to go one a Picnic / Road Trip just thinking about it! LOL!


I had a wonderful childhood in a small school. We had lots of good times and have lots of good memories.


Some had Fried Chicken & some just Bologna but all had a Good Time.
&
 Not one went without!
Life was good!!!

We have all scattered & some of us have gone on to meet our maker.


But with Face-book & the Internet we are still keeping in touch as much as possible.
:-)



1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh the school lunches.... I remember that too! I never had school lunches always went home for lunch... but it was always a treat to have a sack lunch! Mom always put something special in it!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete