Saturday, March 19, 2011

^^^ Baby Blue Eyes ^^^


The First Sign of Spring !!!

I have always wondered what the name of these little jewels was?
So while I was visiting my Mom this past week I asked her if she knew what they were called ...
 She then without hesitation said Baby Blue Eyes !
So we got out the dictionary to see if by chance they would be mentioned in it & to my surprise there it was in Black & White !!!  


They are about 1 1/2 " tall & the flower is the size of the head of a pencil eraser.
One of my fondest memories about these little flowers is ...
When my Grand Daughter " Rickie " was about 3 yrs old she was walking in my backyard & she saw them blooming.  She then said Grandma you need to Water Your Flowers !
She is now 13 yrs old & ever Spring when I see them in bloom I think of that day & her scolding me LOL !

 A sweet life long memory was made on that day!



 Baby Blue Eyes


This is my Rickie isn't she Beautiful ?

Proud Granny !
:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment