Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa don't STOP here cause we'll be gone! :)


Well it's official ~ No one is coming here for Christmas soooooo... I'm not going to put up my TREE or any other Christmas decorations inside this year. Guess we'll be going to our daughters house & all the Kids & G-kids will be there too! Kind of a repeat of Thanksgiving only with gifts! LOL!



Sooo ~ I thought you might like to see what my Christmas past looked like.
NOTE ~ If you left click on the picture you can make it larger for close up viewing.

This is my family room tree.
I do this tree in vintage toys & cherished ornaments that I have received in the past years from family & friends that are very dear to me. It also has some of the handmade ornaments the kids made when they were in grade school. The larger toys that won't fit in the tree I set under it.

I should warn you ... I like STUFF!

                                                                 And more STUFF...
The picture hanging on the wall to the left. My daughter "Tressa" painted it when she was about 10 yrs old from a CHRISTmas card we had received. She liked it because it had 3 stockings & each one had a puppy stuffed in it! I gave her a piece of butcher paper & my paints. When she was done I was surprised & thought she did such a good job I framed it! I have treasured it through the years & someday it will be passed on to her to use in her home!

More STUFF

                                              
My coffee table is a old vintage egg incubator.
 I didn't realize when I took this picture that "Bill's" cell phone was on the table ????  
I collect vintage metal toy telephones. 
The picture of Santa I printed off & put it inside an old shabby metal picture frame that I found on one of my treasure hunts.. 


Sharla made the wall hanging several years ago. It fits perfect right over my painting I have hanging there. :-) 
The old church pew was given to us from the Mennonite Church we attended for over 17 years while we lived  in Warsaw, Mo.
It is very old & put together with square nails.

I know ... to much STUFF !
But I love my STUFF ! 

Just for fun ... I hang these red long johns on the closet door that you see when you enter my home!

This is to the left of my front door ~ which leads into my formal dining room.
The wall is full of family photos.
I bought the chippy, shabby washstand at a auction. A little town east of Branson called Bradleyville. 
My rug is very old & hand braided. I have had it for so many years I don't even remember where I found it.

      
        
My old fireplace mantel is in my formal dining room.
I bought this a few years ago & I just love it! The insert is a stained glass window.
The mirror above it I found at a yard sale in NC. when we were out visiting our daughter. I gave a whopping $5.00 for it!

                       
 Just more STUFF setting on my antique oak buffet.


I got carried away & bedazzled my brass chandelier!

My Country Cottage Kitchen.
The back splash is a old cabinet door that I hung ...
It says "Housework when done correctly can kill you!" 
Don't you just love it!!!  

I am planning on putting a farmers sink & new granite countertops in when my ship comes in!!!



This is my breakfast room ...
The little tree has old collectibles on it. 
A little bit of everything! 


I have collected old STUFF every since I was a teenager!
I loved it then & I still love it! 


I guess you can tell that I love Red & White!


I always put my snowmen along the stairs ...
I just happened to walk by after my grand daughter "Hayley" had put them all down for night night!
LOL!
I just had to take a picture of that!
 : -)
Well that's all folks ... I hope you enjoyed my home tour!
Maybe next time I'll do the upstairs?????


No comments:

Post a Comment