Sunday, July 10, 2011

What A Week ~ Day 1 ~ Treasure Hunt


My Week In Sullivan, Mo.
I went Treasure Hunting everyday while my Sweetie was on his job.
Each day I went to a different town or maybe even more.

************************

The Towns I Visited
Sullivan, Stanton, Bourbon, Cuba, & St.Clair, Missouri.


My First Day
I was in Sullivan & my first stop was at this very cute place called
 The Gift Emporium 


You got to Love this Place!


We had lunch here & I enjoyed the Coke Cola / 50's Soda Shop atmosphere.
Best Homemade Cherry Pie in Town!


My First Collection of Treasures 


Blue Willow Transfer-ware Cups & Saucers
Blue Fruit Jars


Red & White Enamelware


Vintage Basket, Dish Towels, Table Cloths, 
 &
Napkin Rings. 


Old Flash Light, Books, Glass Bottle
 &
Metal Wall Decor.


Handmade Needlepoint, Vintage Grease Holder with only the Salt Shaker.
Now to find the Pepper Shaker???


I just liked the colors in this needlepoint. 


More Collectibles


Cutting Board & Old Green Handle Fork.
The Two Chicken Dishes ~ I think they are just part of a larger set but there was only these two.
I think they would be great to serve Black Olives in one & Green Olives in the other.   


Needlepoint Rugs!


Such a great buy I just couldn't pass them up.


This was one of my Favorite Shops
I got some really neat & reasonably priced Treasures there!


I meet the owners 
 Barbie & Ken
( yes that was their real names) 
&
 also their daughter in law.
(I'm thinking her name was ~ Teresa)   
Very Sweet People!
They told me several other places that I might want to check out while I was in Town. 


As I was leaving I noticed this large Pitcher with the Pears decal
 sitting on the porch floor.
So back inside I went & now it is mine!!!


The Pitcher with the Dog Handle is going to get a Lodge Look Arrangement with Pheasant Feathers.
Hopefully I'll get it done for this fall!


The Fur Stole is in Excellent Shape


Vintage Powder & Face Cream or Sachet Jars.


I am running out of time
 &
I still have more photos to take
 &
 more treasures to share but this is all of now.

So please watch for my next post in a few days.

Until Then 






1 comment: