Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Diamond In The Rough ... $5.00 Yard Sale Chair

I found this chair at a yard sale in Arkansas last spring. It was a wicker rocker at one time & the upholstery was not so great.
So I had my friend "Pam" who just happens to make great slip covers do her magic! 
 It had a skirt around the bottom that was torn off ~ well most of it anyway.
I finished taking the rest of it off! 

I think the previous owner must have had a cat because the arms were shredded .

I bought a white quilted throw at TJ Max for $20.00. A white  full size bed skirt dust ruffle at Walmart on clearance for $9.00.  

For the back & sides Pam used some white canvas fabric that she had leftover from another job she had done. She also made a small throw pillow with the left over scraps.

I thought the dust ruffle just made this little rocker look so cute & now it looks just like new again! 
I LOVE IT! 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment